Last updated June 14, 2019
This policy describes the various sorts of information we might collect from you or that you might provide to us, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to the information we collect:
- via our Website, FlannelBoardFun.com
- through e-mail or other electronic messages between you and our Website
- through our email marketing service provider, Mailchimp
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means
- any third party content that may be linked to or be accessible from our Website
FlannelBoardFun.com uses privacy controls affecting how we process your personal data: You can opt out of our email newsletter, request your personal information, request to update and change your personal information or request to delete your personal information.
If you’d like to opt out of our email newsletter, you can click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send.
If you’ve created an account and would like to see or update your account information, you can view it here (link will be added when account feature is enabled).
You may make any of these requests by emailing email@example.com
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT:
We collect several types of information about you, including information that:
- identifies you personally, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or opens or clicks within email newsletters.
- is about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and how you use our Website.
As you browse and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about you, in order to monitor and improve our website and products. This information includes:
- how you interact with our Website, including what pages you visited, when you last logged into your account if applicable, and if you open or click in our email newsletters
- information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, location, operating system, and browser type
We collect this information via Google Analytics and by using cookies. This information enables us to improve our Website and deliver a better and more personalized service, by enabling us to, among other things:
- estimate our audience size; understand how you use our Website; understand what content interests you most; and recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- web beacons: Pages of our Website and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that enable us to count users who have visited pages, opened an email, and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying the integrity of various systems and servers.)
Most browsers allow you to refuse to accept cookies and to delete cookies. The methods for doing so vary from browser to browser. If you block cookies, you may not be able to use all the features on our website.
Comments and Contact Form Information
When you comment on content or fill out a contact form on our Website, you voluntarily provide us your name, email address, and a comment. We also collect your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
When you make a purchase through our website, you voluntarily provide us your name, email address, credit card and/or PayPal account information.
We collect this information via PayPal, and Stripe. This information is used to supply you with the product purchased and keep accurate records of your transaction. (To avoid learning your credit card information, we’ve partnered with PayPal and Strip to securely process payments, and we never learn or store your credit card information. Both providers do share your name, address, and email with us. )
Email Newsletter or Opt-in Information
When you sign up for our email newsletter, you voluntarily provide us your name and email address.
Additionally, when you interact with our emails, Mailchimp will track which emails you open, and any links you click. We may process this information per your request to provide you with relevant information and newsletters.
We may process any personal information we have on you when required by a court order, legal obligation, or court proceeding.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated, anonymized information about our website visitors (information that is not identifiable to you), without restriction.
We do not sell, rent, or share our email list containing your personal information to third parties.
We may disclose information that can be directly tied to you to:
- service providers and other trusted third parties that we reasonably use to support our business
- fulfill the purpose for which you provide it
- fulfill any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- process your payment, including refunds, complaints, queries with PayPal and Stripe only to the degree necessary
We may also disclose your personal information:
- to comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request
- to enforce or apply any agreements between us, including for billing and collection purposes.
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers or others. For example, exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Embedded content from other websites
- Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Here are some simple methods you can take advantage of which provide you with control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from Us.If you do not wish to have your email address used by us to promote our products or services, you can opt-out by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org This opt-out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product purchase or transaction.
RETAINING AND DELETING YOUR INFORMATION
We will keep your data for no longer than is necessary for the purpose you gave it to us.
We will keep your personal data as follows:
- Usage information will be kept for a minimum of one year and a maximum of three years from each visit you make to our website.
- Account and Purchase information will be kept for a minimum of seven years and a maximum of ten years from the date your account is canceled. We keep this data for this time period because it is associated with your purchase data. We keep this information to support any tax audits, either yours or ours.
- If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
In some cases, it’s not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal data will be kept. In those instances, we will use the following criteria to decide how long to keep your personal data:
- We will use the content of your message and the response required to decide how long to keep correspondence information.
- We will keep email newsletter or opt-in information for either the length of your subscription or the length of our contract with our email newsletter service provider.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Data Security and International Transfers
Our offices, hosting facilities and service providers’ offices are based in the United States. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure during both transfer and storage.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where you have chosen a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We do our best to protect your personal information, but we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
FlannelBoardFun.com is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to our Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information to our Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any username you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at email@example.com
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
European Union Privacy Rights
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) permits users of our Website that are European Union residents certain rights. Those rights include:
- the right to access; the right to rectification; the right to erasure; the right to restrict processing; the right to object to processing; the right to data portability; the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and the right to withdraw consent.
To act on any of those rights, you may email email@example.com. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
If you wish to withdraw your consent for us to process your data, you can opt-out by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
This website is owned and operated by Flannel Board Fun, a Sole Proprietorship in Pennsylvania.
Our mailing address is 418 Walnut Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15202